Board of Directors
The Ionia Area Chamber of Commerce is proud of our Board of Directors. The IACC Board represents a cross section of area businesses & organizations. They volunteer many hours to assist in the decision making that enhances and strengthens membership as well as promotes our area. Each member is committed to setting aside their valuable time to provide insights, vision and expertise on the future of the Ionia Area Chamber of Commerce. Throughout the year, with each endeavor, they reinforce our belief that the Ionia area is ‘More Than You Imagine’ as they volunteer on Chamber Teams as well as serve on other Area Boards and Committees that support our community.
Robert Lake III
Robert Lake II
Steve O’Mara – President
Becky Wagner – Vice President
Janice Gustafson – Treasurer
Newly Elected Board Members for 2021
Interested in serving the Chamber of Commerce as a Board Member?
- Overview of a Board Member
- The IACC Board is comprised of:
- (12) Elected Directors (3-year terms)
- (3) Directors ‘At-Large’ (1-year terms*)
- (4) Directors By Virtue of Position: Ionia City Manager, Ionia Ambassador President, and Ionia Jaycee’s President
- Apply for an ‘At Large’ Board Member Position
- Director “At Large” positions may become open mid-term due to vacancies. Members will be notified of their ability to apply if/when this occurs. Interested ‘At Large’ director position parties submit a candidate data and interest form, and may also include a letter of intent. At the next regularly scheduled meeting the candidates are reviewed by the board and one candidate is recommended for the open director at large position
- Annually, all three (3) of the Director ‘At Large’ terms end on December 31st. Toward the end of each term, all interested candidates for the following year Director At-Large positions will be presented to and selected by the current IACC Board of Directors. Though it is likely that you would be asked to renew for a consecutive year, it is not guaranteed.
- Petition for a ‘Full Elected’ Board Member Position (3-year term)
- Each year, a Nominating Committee selected by the President of the Ionia Area Chamber of Commerce will file a slate with the Executive Director naming at least (4) Elected Directors. The Executive Director will email the slate to all members in good standing no later than October 1st.
- Parties interested in serving on the Board of Directors may also register annually to run for a full board of director position (3-year term) against candidates named by the Nominating Committee and/or other petitioning candidates.
- A petition is completed and turned in by the deadline. The petitioner is then added to the ballot emailed out to all current chamber members. A committee of appointed board members (none who are on the current ballot) then tallies the votes and announces the newly elected members at the next regularly scheduled board meeting.
- If no petitions are received, the slate presented by the Nominating Committee will be presented as the newly elected Directors ‘At Large’ to serve 3-year terms beginning on January 1 of the following year.